At Ritbearing, we work with several different manufacturers around the world to provide you with a wide selection of ball and roller bearings. One of our key vendors is Nankai Seiko Co., the manufacturers of the world-class SMT brand of ball bearings.
What are SMT Bearings?
SMT’s Nankai Seiko was established in Japan back in 1946. The independent company has grown over the course of its 70-plus year history of manufacturing high-quality precision ball bearings. After constant technological improvements over the decades, SMT has developed several types of bearings that are made to meet and exceed manufacturing requirements. These parts include:
- Guide wheel bearings
- Stainless steel ball bearings
- Grease-free bearings
- Pure titanium bearings
- Ceramic bearings
- Strain wave bearings
In addition, SMT uses a variety of special materials to help its products excel. SMT bearings have different materials available for every part of a bearing to help you find an option that best fits your applications. The best bearing solution is one that is designed for what you need, so SMT uses a combination of materials to piece together a proper part based on specific qualifications. Here are some of the options you have when it comes to SMT’s special materials:
- Shields – SECC, AISI 304
- Retainers – SPCC, S55C, AISI 304, special coating, nylon 66
- Inner and Outer Rings – SAE 52100 (heat-stabilization available), AISI 440C (heat-stabilization available), AISI 304, AISI 316L, AISI 630, titanium, hastelloy equivalent ceramics plastics
- Balls – SAE 52100, AISI 440C, AISI 304, ceramic
- Seals – Nitrile rubber, acrylic rubber, fluorine rubber, fluorine resin
- Lubricants – Chemical resistant grease, heat resistant grease, food grade grease, clean room grease, vacuum environment grease, other special environment greases
Who Can Use Them?
SMT bearings are not only high quality, but they also offer the benefit of variety as well. The long-running bearing brand has options for several applications, with everything from bearings for film machinery to customizable specialty options. Here are s that SMT serves:
- Food processing
- Machine tool
- Material handling
- Oil and gas
- Packaging machinery
- Pumps and compressors
- Gearbox and industrial clutch
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
Invest in SMT Bearings for Your Applications
If you need a quality stainless steel, guide wheel, or some other type of bearing, SMT may have the right solution for your needs and budget. As the primary importer of SMT bearings in the U.S., Ritbearing can help you identify the right parts you need for your designs, whether it's a regularly-available part or a custom-engineered component. Contact us today to get the parts you need for your applications.