Food Grade Bearings for Food Processing
Bearings in the food processing & packaging industry experience extreme conditions and specific government requirements, including:
- High-pressure washdowns during processing
- High humidity
- FDA restrictions & regulations
Ritbearing is an industry leader in supplying standard and engineered special stainless steel ball bearings that meet the specific requirements the food and packaging industry demand.
Do you know exactly what you need?
Submit your information online for a quote.
Get an Expert Opinion
Give us a call or contact us and our team of experts will help talk through your options.
- High resistance to corrosion
- Stability in high temperatures, higher available operating temperature by approximately 50 degrees F than normal bearing steel
- High resistance to chemicals
- AISI 440C stainless steel is used for inner rings, outer rings and balls
- AISI 304 stainless steel is used for retainers and metal shields
- Heat resistant grease is pre-packed in SMT’s shielded and sealed stainless steel bearings
- Can be offered in a variety of materials including; 304 SS, 316 SS, thermoplastic or nickel plated
- Effective against corrosive applications
- Resistant to moisture
- Typically offered with smooth surfaces, and a solid base
- Resistant to rust
- Can handle applications without the use of grease or oil
- Resist chemical changes
- Do not conduct electricity
Available upon request:
- Standard material of NBR (nitride butadiene rubber) and other material such as fluorinated rubber, acrylic rubber, etc
- AISI 316 stainless steel
- FDA approved food grade greases, including solid food grade greases
Bearing Types by Processing Stage
- Wash down applications utilize thermoplastic units with stainless steel insert bearings and bolt holes. Pillow blocks and two or four bolt flange units are the most common in this series.
- Sorting & separating processes
- Hanger type bearings for poultry processing
- Trolley bearings for poultry processing
- Picker hubs, harvesting and evisceration machinery
- Stainless steel 6000-6200-6300-61800 and 61900 series are commonly used in poultry and packaging equipment.
- Weighing, pricing and labeling machinery
- Capping equipment
- Blow molding equipment
- Packaging machinery
- Bearing inserts, food safe grease
- Cam & roller follower bearing
- Deep groove ball bearings
- Spherical Roller bearings
- Thin section bearings
- Slewing Ring bearings
Ritbearing's offerings for the food processing industry include products from:
SMT - Japan
- Stainless steel radial ball bearings
- Double row bearings
- V groove bearings
- Engineered specials
SSB - USA
- Thin section radial ball bearings. Available in stainless steel.
RCBD - China
- A full range of bearings - including engineered specials.
Iraundi - Spain
- Crossed Roller Bearings
- Slewing Ring Bearings
Kashima - Japan
- Plastic bearings made in a variety of plastic materials
- Radial, Thrust, Angular Contact types
- Self-Aligning, Miniature, Plain and Custom types available