In a word, yes.
RITBEARING OFFERS SMALL BATCH MANUFACTURING, CUSTOM BEARINGS, AND MADE-TO-ORDER BEARINGS.
Some examples of our small batch and custom work includes:
Machine Tool Industry: Special Double Row Ball Bearing Design with a Split Outer Ring
Mail Sorting Equipment: Plastic Tire over 2 miniature ball bearings
Forklift Industry: Special Mast Guide Cylindrical/ Ball Bearing Design
Defense Industry: Thin Dense Chrome Plating on Thin Section Ball Bearings
OTHER CUSTOM WORK CAN INCLUDE:
- Ceramic coatings applied to a variety of bearing designs
- Preload changes on precision angular contact bearings
- Cage and ball complement retro-fits
- Grease changes, including re-greasing of bearings with existing metal shields
- Addition of snap ring and groove, we can also add other OD features such as W33
Our engineering staff has a combined 30 years of experience in all areas, which allows us to provide you with the expertise necessary to answer all of your questions and deliver the best product for your needs.
In addition to the more general questions asked by our potential partners, we’ve found that engineers tend to ask very specific questions.
DO YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT YOUR BEARINGS?
Our engineers can provide you with information on:
- Proper bearing selection to maximize the life of your product
- Speed and load ratings
- Life calculations
- Shaft and housing fits
- New product development assistance
- Designing new bearings to fit your application if a standard does not exist
- Material selection for tough applications
- Grease selection